From Bulbs to Lamps to Switches and more
Smart lights are a fantastic addition to any home, though the drawbacks might stop some from investing in them. Which makes sense, given some drawbacks can’t be overlooked while others might not be a big-deal, like the cost.
Smart lighting gives you more control and interactivity. Installing smart light bulbs is a dynamic way to transform the ambience of your home, save energy and conveniently adjust your lights via your smartphone or voice-activated assistant.
Read about the smart lighting system you should have in your home.
Smart Light Guides
For when you want to learn more about smart lights, but not quite sure what questions you should be asking.
Smartening the lights in your home will add extra convenience, security and features such as:
- Automate your lights turning on when someone walks in the room
- Control lights with a voice commands
- Create mood lighting by dimming the lights and change their tone / colour
- Check if you left any lights on, and even turn them on/off remotely with an app on your phone
While features vary between makes and models, here’s some of the features you should look out for.
- Connects directly to your WiFi or through a hub
- Change the colour (millions to choose from)
- Change the tone (warmer orange to cooler blue)
- Adjust the brightness (from blinding – to – barely on)
- Optional features such as in-built motion sensors
What do you do once you’ve installed your smart lights? Here’s a few practical uses.
- Control your lights via voice, app on your phone or setup a schedule
- Group lights for added control over how a room is lit up
- Added security with holiday mode, lights that turn on to make it seem like someone is home
- Create a scene by dimming the lights and changing the colour to set the mood
Smart and Practical
Packed with helpful tips, tricks and guides on the products you already own, or may own in the future.
Keep informed of Smart Home trends and the latest news.