TP-Link has come a long way since they first launched their smart light bulbs on to the market. With the Kasa collection, they have made significant enhancements such as connecting TP-Link smart bulbs without needing a hub.
The bulbs are also easy to install, supports IFTTT and can be operated with voice commands via Google or Alexa. An interesting feature is the power usage report. TP-Link Kasa light bulb is expected to last for about 11 years based on 6h use per day.
TP-Link Kasa Bulb Options
- KL125 Kasa Smart Light Bulb, Multicolour
- KL430E Kasa Smart Light Strip, Multicolour
- KL430 Kasa Smart Light Strip, Multicolour
- Tapo L530B Smart Wi-Fi Light Bulb, Multicolour
- Tapo L530E Smart Wi-Fi Light Bulb, Multicolour
- Tapo L510E
- Tapo L510B
- KL60 Kasa Filament Smart Bulb, Warm Amber
- KL60B Kasa Filament Smart Bulb, Warm Amber
- KL50 Kasa Filament Smart Bulb, Soft White
- KL50B Kasa Filament Smart Bulb, Soft White
- KL130 Kasa Smart Light Bulb Multicolour
- KL130B Kasa Smart Light Bulb Multicolour
- KL120 Kasa Smart Light Bulb, Tunable White
- KL110 Kasa Smart Light Bulb, Dimmable
- KL110B Kasa Smart Light Bulb, Dimmable
- No hub required
- IFTTT – allows it to interact with third-party smart devices i.e. motion sensors, security cameras, and video doorbells
Compatible Voice Assistants
- Amazon Alexa
- Google Assistant
What’s In The Box?
- 4-pack/ 2-pack/ 1-pack Kasa Smart Light Bulb
- 1 x Quick Start Guide
TP-link Kasa smart bulbs take 3 easy steps to install.
Step 1. Download Kasa Smart app from the Apple Store or Google Play.
Step 2. Connect to Network
Step 3. Add Device- tap the + button in the Kasa app and select the Smart
Bulb KL series. Follow app instruction to complete the setup.
After setting up your smart bulbs, the home page of the Kasa app appears. On the homepage, you will find a list of your smart bulbs which you can turn on/off or change colour.
On the Devices page, tap a particular bulb and detailed configuration options will appear. You can adjust the light temperature or colour (only KL130), set schedules, track energy consumption and change settings.
Use the Kasa app to pair your Kasa smart bulb with Amazon Alexa, Google Home Assistant or Microsoft Cortana and enjoy a fully hands-free experience.
Kasa app helps manage the rest of your smart home too, working with Nest to trigger changes when you arrive home of leave for the day. IFTTT support makes it easy to set interactions between a whole host of products.
TP-Link Kasa Smart Bulbs Built-in Features
- Dimmable (from 1% to 100%)
- Set schedules
- Scenes and Presents
- Away Mode
- Hands-Free Voice Control
- Group Lighting Controls
- App-Guided Easy Setup
The TP-Link Kasa smart bulb does more than you would expect for an affordably priced smart bulb. The only minor detractor is it doesn’t work with Apple HomeKit or Siri.
What Kasa smart light bulbs do have, however, is approximately 11 years life expectancy based on 6h per day usage and a 2-year limited manufacturer’s warranty.
There is also the ability to check how much energy the bulbs have used each day and predict how much they’ll use a year. This can be an incredibly useful feature.
Do you want to know about other smart bulbs and smart lighting options? Take a look at the content in our smart lighting library.